Candidates must be an ACC – Accredited Clinical coder – to be fully considered for this position.
Both roles are home based involving travel in their geographical area in England. Both roles may involve occasional overnight stays, so being flexible on travel is a requirement. The main element to the roles will be to undertake clinical coding at various hospitals. In addition the individuals will also undertake remote coding from home.
Ideal applicants will undertake a clinical coding service on behalf of CHKS Coding and Financial Assurance (CFA) to their private healthcare providers and clinically code their patient records from the medical records provided.
- visit the client hospital sites on a regular (daily) basis to support coding during each month and at month end for completeness;
- build good effective working relations with onsite staff. Providing feedback on any coding queries or issues with source documentation to the onsite hospital NHS lead or other nominated person;
- liaise with the CHKS clinical coding professional leads for any coding queries;
- ensure completeness of coding, to maintain timeliness, accuracy and consistency of clinical coding when on the client site;
- adhere to the clinical coding conventions and procedures as defined by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and NHS Digital;
- follow locally defined variations as appropriate to meet the agreed weekly/monthly clinical coding deadlines as set by the client, ensuring the number of episodes are completed as outlined within the contract without comprising data quality;
- act as an ambassador for CHKS CFA by providing a professional coding service;
- promote CHKS (CFA) as an expert and professional coding, audit and consultancy services provider and recognise potential opportunities to obtain further work with clients; and
- undertake remote coding from home as and when required.
Competitive salary offered dependant on experience.
If you are interested or know someone who might be please contact Annea Stephens Head of Coding Services on 07710 378248 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your CV with a covering letter stating why you should be considered for the role.