6th June 2017 – Holiday Inn, Lisbon, Portugal
We were delighted to welcome so many delegates to the CHKS Portugal Conference 2017 on Tuesday 6 June 2017 at the Holiday Inn, Lisbon.
This year’s conference had a theme of quality improvement and joined together a variety of international speakers.
José Luis Carvalho of Hospital de Braga, Portugal, highly commended in our 2017 Top Hospitals Programme, talked about how they are driving quality.
Jessica Mallach at Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, this year’s winner of the Patient Experience Top Hospital Award, discussed improving patient experience – and how they continue to be ‘best in class’.
Chief Medical Officer Dr Charles Young covered the topic of quality improvement in health systems and for individual patients through effective triage, and what the future of triage might look like.
CHKS client manager Carlos Goes de Souza, CHKS Client Manager, presented a session on creating relational touch points for patient satisfaction – ensuring a remarkable experience for both patients and staff within a care environment, with Roy Lilley, health commentator and broadcaster, finishing the day off.
All of these discussion themes were designed to give delegates the opportunity to
- Discover new ways to help deliver safer, high quality healthcare services
- Discuss the challenges faced across the health sector
- Develop knowledge of key issues that impact service quality
- Meet up with like-minded colleagues and make new contacts
- Access free advice and support from our healthcare quality and accreditation experts
If you would like to find out more about any of the themes discussed, or would like to contribute at a future event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the presentations here:
- CHKS Update – Moyra Amess, Director of Benchmarking, Assurance and Accreditation, CHKS
- Quality and the patient – Margaret Murphy, Patient Advocate
- Working to improve patient experience – Jessica Mallach, Head of Quality Improvement and Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- The patient experience in hospitals – Carlos Goes de Souza, Client Manager, CHKS
- Quality improvement in health systems and for individual patients through effective triage: now and the future – Dr Charles Young, Chief Medical Officer, Capita Healthcare Decisions
- Our quality journey – Jose Luis Carvalho, Administrador Executivo, Hospital de Braga, Portugal
- Building a culture of improvement – Roy Lilley, Healthcare commentator and broadcaster