In a pandemic situation, disease can spread rapidly across the country and around the world. A substantial percentage of the world’s population will require some form of medical care, overwhelming healthcare facilities and outstripping supplies of antiviral vaccines.
Providing public access to health information and advice, and effective distribution of drugs, are primary components of the management strategy to limit the spread of infection and reducing demand on health resources.
The Ebola Virus Outbreak: 2014/15
The 2014/15 Ebola epidemic is the largest in history, affecting multiple countries in West Africa.
Our software is facilitating the care of people potentially affected by the Ebola virus, and preventing its ongoing spread.
Pandemic Triage has been designed by health professionals to manage an outbreak at the earliest possible stage. The solution enables the public and health workers to accurately assess potential cases, provide care advice and, where appropriate, authorise and issue antivirals.
The solution is modular and multi-channel, supporting phone, web, IVR and SMS as required. These channels can work together or standalone, and can also be integrated into other services such as CRMs, GP, hospital, and pharmacy systems.
Supporting Call Operators
Public Self Assessment
Consistent, Accurate and Low Risk
- Assists in limiting the spread of infection
- Fast deployment to respond to surge in demand
- Assessment through multiple channels
- Consistent approach to assessment of symptoms, priorities and signposting of care pathways
- Supports those who are unwell but can self care
- Efficient utilisation of resources
- Ability to quickly adapt advice and outcomes